Thursday, January 2, 2014

Is Your Online Store Working

I was online at futureshop.ca new year's day looking for a printer.

Found one.

They allow you to reserve the item for 24 hours at the store you choose, providing they have it in stock.

They do.

Click, click send and my printer is ready the next day.

Or so I thought.

I showed up the next day.

Chap asks if I received the email confirmation.

Nope.

Oh that is going to be a problem, he says.

Its noon and he tells me he is back logged with about 300 emails to send out.

They don't have the item he doesn't know if they will be getting any in.

I figured I would look for another.

My smart phone goes off.  It's his email.



That hit the wrong nerve.

I find a store manager.

Tell him my story but of course I am getting what he can't do for me.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry was trying to reserve a car.



And if Future Shop knew how to take a reservation I would have that printer.

And by the way Future Shop, while I was in your store today I tweeted my complaint.

Three hours later I tweeted again about it.

Last time Future Shop tweeted?


New Year's Clearout SALE on NOW! SAVE up to $1000 on TV's and much more. Jan. 1 & 2. Shop now!

So who is minding the online and social media store at Future Shop?

Anyone?  Bueller?





No comments: